Our online training tools include offerings from allowing you to assess your businesses cybersecurity status and access follow-up training to HR and financing options - and much more!
- SBA: Getting Back on Track - July 29
- A2S Small Business National Virtual Conference: Strengthening Small Businesses - From Access to Opportunity - July 29 & 30
- Business Bits (a new webinar series from VBOC of the Dakotas, in partnership with ND SBA District Office and ND SBDC) - Gift Giving 101: Getting Business from Giving Gifts - Aug 5
- Business Builders Workshop - Business Planning using a Bubble Chart Road Map - Aug 10
- ND Veterans Business Outreach Center: Looking to Start a Business - August 10
- Business Builders Workshop: Doing Business with the Federal Government - Sept 14
- Business Builders Workshop BONUS: Shop North Dakota - Sept 15
- Business Builders Workshop: Maximizing the Value of Your Business - Oct 12
- Business Builders Workshop: Business Entities and Limited Liability Protection
- Business Builders Workshop: Personalized Marketing
- Business Builders Workshop BONUS: Connect with Customers & Manage Your Business Remotely
- Business Builders Workshop: The Importance of Having a BAIL Team
- Business Builders Workshop BONUS: The WBC Library, COVID help at your fingertips
- Business Builders Workshop: Marketing on a Small Budget
- Business Builders Workshop: Steps to Business Success - Marketing
- Business Builders Workshop: Creating Video that Stands Out in the Digital Age
- Business Builders Workshop: Cash Flow
- Business Builders Workshop BONUS: Building Your Funding Stream
- Business Builders Workshop: Cybersecurity in Today's World
- Business Builders Workshop: Building a Home Based Business
- Business Builders Workshop: Business Plan Review - Business Plan Review - Get Ready for the New Year!
- Business Builders Workshop BONUS: What's the Score? Credit Reports and Scores at a Glance
- Business Builders Workshop: Budgeting for Success
- 4R Webinar: Disaster Planning - Riots, Floods, and Hurricanes - Oh My! Two-part series Part 1 & Part 2
- 4R Webinar: Understanding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRS)
- 4R Project: Tax credits under the ERC and FFCRA
- 4R Project: SBA Update on the New Stimulus Package
- ND SBA & Resource Partners: Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF)
- SVOG Information Session
- Hospitality Leadership
- Creative Marketing in the Hospitality Industry
Ascent Digital Learning Platform
Monday, January 11, 2021, SBA launched Ascent, a first-of-its-kind, free digital e-learning platform geared to help women entrepreneurs grow and expand their businesses. Ascent has valuable content such as tips on preparing and recovering from disasters, strategic marketing and business financial strategy development. While the platform was built with women in mind, it is free and open to anyone that would like to take advantage of the digital training opportunity. Get started!
Business Builder Workshops
While these events are normally offered in-person in various locations across the state, current circumstances mean they have transition to online platforms. Normally held in-person, these events have gone virtual for the time being with upcoming sessions listed above.
Small businesses are a driving force in our economy. Technology is a powerful tool to reach new markets and increase sales and productivity. As our small businesses continue to leverage broadband technology, including smart phones, mobile payments, and the cloud, they must increase security and follow best practices so that they can continue to run efficiently. Take our free assessment to see the likelihood of your business experiencing a breach. Following the assessment, you have the opportunity to ask for additional assistance or access training.
At Comply Right, our mission is to free employers from the burden of tracking and complying with the complex web of federal, state and local employment laws, so they can stay focused on managing and growing their businesses. Take a look at the current free training options available to you through the SBDC program.
One of several options from the SBA, Financing Options for Small Business is a self-paced program that introduces you to financing options available to your business.
Exporting Your Business
Export-U offers export training webinars, an exporter's resource database, and an export exam to test your international trade knowledge.
In addition to training options from the SBA, the ND SBDC works closely with the ND PTAC, which provides a monthly webinar series on a range of topics and is here to assist with local, state, and federal contracting.
Can't find what you're looking for? The U.S. Small Business Administration's Learning Center has a range of free trainings and webinars that can help your small business be successful. Additional federal resources and nearly 200 online classes and videos are available through USA.gov to guide emerging entrepreneurs and exporters through the basics of starting and managing a business.