Export Counseling Assistance
ND SBDC can assist you with exporting issues including:
- Assessing company and product readiness.
- Developing an Export Plan.
- Developing Financial Projections for export projects.
- Identifying SBA and non-SBA export assistance loan programs to secure funds for working capital and capital expenditures related to exporting.
- Partnering with ND Trade, US Commercial Service and others to ensure you get the information you need to successfully export your products!
State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Funds
In addition, you can access grant funds through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP). This is a pilot trade and export initiative authorized by the federal Small Business Jobs Act of 2010.
The North Dakota Trade Office (NDTO) was awarded a competitive STEP grant to help increase international exports from North Dakota. North Dakota’s program, STEP ND, will focus on providing small businesses with financial and technical assistance, including the opportunity to participate in international travel and trade missions, international marketing and promotion and export education, all aimed at assisting with international sales growth.
STEP ND funds will be available for a limited time and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. You can access these funds in multiple ways, including:
- Free export finance assistance from the ND SBDC (contact the Lead Center for more information). Get help putting together an Export Business Plan, develop full sets of Export Budgets or Pro Forma Financial Projections or identify the right financing programs for your export project.
- Expense Reimbursement for International Travel and Trade Missions. Up to $4,000 per qualifying activities for a maximum of three events ($12,000 total).
- Up to $1,000 expense reimbursement for International Marketing and Promotion.
- Export Education including NDTO training, ExportTech, Export 101, Innovation Jump Start and NDTO Trade Talks.